Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Spoleto Clock - October 2022


 

I know, most urban sketchers draw urban scenes.  I tend to focus on small details, like this gorgeous clock.  Italian towns competed with each other for who had the tallest towers, or the most towers.  Also the biggest fountain, or the most fountains.   


I think this clock is one of the prettiest clocks in a tower in Italy, although the clock tower in Venice might rival this one.


But when did you last see the clock hands looking like squiggly rays of sunlight, emanating from the center and radiating across a sky blue circle?  Just gorgeous.


Yes, I messed up on the numbers.  Another student just came back from the gelato shop, and was waxing eloquent about the dark chocolate with orange peel gelato.  I was understandably distracted.  Yes, that was my afternoon snack, and it was amazing, especially with half a scoop of caffe gelato.  OMG.  Heaven, to go with the celestial clock!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment