Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Lake Bolsena, Lago Bolsena, Italia - September 2022

 


I attended two workshops while at La Romita, the first being a watercolor class for one week, the second a pastels class for ten days.  I know how bad I am with pastels, plus I prefer to travel light.  So with the instructor's permission, I continued to work in watercolor rather than pastels.


The two sketches are from Lago Bolsena, a very pretty lake in central Italy.  Our class went there after Villa Lante for a picnic lunch, then a walk to the town of Marta, where we could draw/paint the boats, fisherman, the lake.  I liked the view from the far end of the curving beach looking back toward the town, with some of the fishing boats hauled up on the beach.

 

Top sketch was done during the watercolor class with Keiko Tanabe.  Bottom sketch was done during the pastels class with Nancie King Mertz.  It was a greyer, windier, wetter kind of a day.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment