Wednesday, September 20, 2023

San Gemini weekend - September-October 2022


I had two days between workshops, and spent the weekend in San Gemini, watching the town set up special events for their festival.  My afternoon was attending all sorts of interactive little vignettes of Medieval Italian life, or at least what people have handed down as traditions from that time period.


I learned to roll the traditional pasta (like a thick spaghetti), listened to music played on the drum and recorder, wasted time with three witches (part of the legend), and watched horse riders practicing the jousting.  (Really just getting their lances to hit a target, not each other.)


The old palazzo turned hotel where I stayed had an upstairs patio, so I sketched the view across to the northern end of the town, with cliffside houses flying their flags, and bunting hanging down the sides of the cliff.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment